- In 1950, about 15 percent of the Earth's land surface was covered by rainforest.
Today, more than half of it is already destroyed.
- Most medicine men and shamans are over 70 years old. They have been using the rainforest
to heal and help sick people for a very long time.
- More than one fifth of the Amazon Rainforest is already gone.
- Industrialization has caused humans to destroy the rainforest.
- Rainforests cover 6% of the earth's land surface.
- Rainforests have been providing one forth of today's medicines.
- In the 1900s there were only 1 million indigenous people living in the rainforests compared
to 8-9 million 500 years ago